Offering a set of two exquisite wooden eggs, each has a handpainted oil portrait of Czar Nikolai II Alexandrovich Romanov.
One has the Double headed Russian Imperial Eagle on the obverse. The other features a cityscape of “Пеmербург”, presumably referring to HовыйПеmербург (New Peterburg), a planned but never completed district in Saint Petersburg, commissioned by an Italian businessman in 1914*. Reference to this specific district combined with the fact St. Petersburg was renamed to Petrograd in late 1914, so as not to sound too German during the First World War, establishes the creation of these items in mid-1914.
Condition as shown in the photographs.
*Page 114, Townscapes in Transition: Transformation and Reorganization ... edited by Carmen M. Enss, Luigi Monzo